Dr. Sean Lee, PT, DPT is a certified MDT clinician, certified ergonomic assessment specialist (level 1) and extensive training for prosthetic rehabilitation in the past. Dr. Hannah Schuster, PT, DPT is a trained IASTM clinician. Most of Apex Physical Therapy, LLC staff have been studying extensively for manual therapy, prosthetic training, and other various types of treatment techniques. All the treatments are provided by evidence based. We are specialized the following programs.
- Our physical therapy team will design effective exercise programs for acute, post-op and chronic deconditioned cases.
- Core stabilization program
- Individualized program for a specifically targeted muscle group.
- Specifically intended to return you to a fully functioning, pain-free state.
Myofascial Release Therapy:
- Safe and highly effective therapy exercises involving hands-on manipulation of connective tissues
- Works with the fascial system to enhance movement and functionality in your body.
- This manual technique will help you reduce chronic pain significantly and restore flexibility.
- Utilized for lower extremity amputees.
- This treatment includes stair training, gait training, and strengthening for balance difficulties.
- Helps the patient return to functional recreational activities such as softball, golf, etc.
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM)
- This is a new trend of therapy which enables clinicians to effectively apply pressure and mobilization into the soft/connective tissues and break down fascial restrictions and scar tissue.
Back to Work Program
- Our Physical Therapist is a Certified Ergonomic Assessment Specialist
- We provide efficient work conditioning & hardening program
- Our PT performs a comprehensive functional capacity evaluation so that you can get job-duty specific rehabilitation, and get you back to work quickly.
The Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT) of McKenzie Method
- MDT is a mechanical assessment protocol for evaluating and treating all musculoskeletal problems, including pain in spine, extremities, arthritis, numbness in hands and feet, disc disease including herniation, degenerative changes, and weakness of limbs.
- A successful treatment outcome can help the patient not only see great reduction or elimination in their pain, but also the patient having learned how to self-treat their problem to manage their condition independently.
Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD)
- Full Assessment on TMD – It is so important to identify the root cause of TMD in terms of successful outcomes.
- The patient will be assessed for inflammation, range of motion, interincisal opening, and function of the TMJ.
- Individualized program will be established for each patient based on clinical findings.
- Get rid of clicking/popping of the jaws and able to chew hard food without any pain
We treat for the following conditions:
- Auto Accident
- Back Injuries
- Balance Disorder
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Headaches
- Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE)
- Joint Pain (Shoulder, elbow, wrist, Knee, ankle, etc)
- Neck Injuries
- Neurological Disorders
- Plantar Fascitis
- Post Surgical Care
- Prosthetic Rehabilitation
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Dysfunction/Instability
- Spinal Disorder (Scoliosis, Bulged/Herniated Disc)
- Sports Injuries
- TMJ Disorder
- Vestibular Disorder
- Work Injury